My little love bugs.

My little love bugs.
Bike park fun for Fall Break

Sunday, February 12, 2012

So we are seeing pink I guess.

Our little boy with CPS is yet to work out. I guess there are major complications with the terminating of the parental rights and frankly I am seeing now that its not meant to be. WHICH I am okay with, adoption is a finicky thing that gets complicated at times. The most important thing is I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and is teaching me patience faith and hope.

In a highlight of the week.
I had a doctos apt for our last IUI treatment to see if a donor would work with me getting pregnant. The same day as my Docs apt I got a call from a woman that is looking to place her little girl with us. This is the beginning excerpt from the history that I am working on recording so Ruby can have it and I wont forget it!

As I was on the phone with your birthmother I felt like I had known her for years I felt an ease and comfort with her instantly. We laughed at the awkwardness of conversation because both of us didn’t know the protocol for how to give and accept the news of an adoption.
I am so grateful for the people that I have come across in my life that have allowed me to grow and receive such wonderful gifts. I have a best friend named Mandy Miller/Clive that I was able to serve a mission with. Her mother Tami was able to work and help your birthmother with this really hard decision of placement. She thought of me and knew that we would be a great mommy and daddy for you so Tami gave our information to your birthmother. Your birthmother looked online at many different profiles looking for that special mommy and daddy and once again came across our profile. As we talked on the phone today she kept telling me that she can’t get us out of her mind and feels like there is a reason. On the phone we talked about getting together at the park to meet for the first time and how open our relationship with your birthmom and us will be. We both agree it would be best as open as possible for both parties involved.
I have spent all day calling my family and telling them my great news. Everyone is excited and we really feel at peace with this amazing news. As I was on the phone with your birthmother, your Aunt Lindsay in Utah texted me and told me she was praying for us and that our profile for adoption made her cry. She was shocked when I hung up the phone and called her to let her know that we were just chosen for a second placement. I guess her prayer really work!

In closing I am here to say that when you get that call from that birth mom it is a surreal feeling that is filled with wonder and comfort, excitement and tension. I didn't want to offend or be awkward, even though it was somewhat! How do you act on a first phone call when someone tells you that you are going to mother her unborn baby! It was amazing.

I am grateful for the friends that have donated their pink girl motherload of clothes, bows and shoes. We are loved and so many are excited for us to go PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment